Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Change is hard

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Change is hard

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 03:48 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

How do you guys like RCG? It might be time to migrate.

Sunrise, sunset....
Old 03-24-2018, 04:19 PM
Vettdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never cared for RCG before. For many of the reasons I don’t like the new RCU.
I’m not sure what to do now. ��
Old 03-24-2018, 04:23 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
How do you guys like RCG? It might be time to migrate.

Sunrise, sunset....
I love it! Everything about it it is easier to use. The photo uploader is the easiest to load of all the forums I use. The jet category can be just as good as here if more people would join in. The classifieds are simple to brouse threw and uncomplicated. All this and still it loads every page as quick as lightening. It really is a mistery to me why people still insist on coming to this site?

try it...you'll see

btw...I am in no way affiliated with RCG.

Last edited by Vettster; 03-24-2018 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

The classified market place is gone. I can't find jets and refuse to look at every add. I hate this new stuff. Go back!
Old 03-24-2018, 05:35 PM
spin-em-up

Angry New RCU Format

I agree, the new format sucks big time! What WAS a very straight forward clear and easy to use site is now a jumbled mess. I vote for a return to the original
category style format that has worked. But hey, change is good right.....ah, not in this case!

Regards,
spin-em-up
Old 03-24-2018, 06:14 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

only problem with rcg is their lack of any kind of serious moderation. lotta unchecked trolling/stalking over there.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:44 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Well I'm sad to see rcu take such a dive but glad to see it's not just me having difficulty accepting change.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:16 AM
igoren
My Feedback: (23)

real bad changes.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:25 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

No complains. Its Ok for me, In fact I would like to thanks the people that keep this site running for all this years!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:38 AM
jgibbons
My Feedback: (54)

Default Not good for me

I find the new format useless for me. I like the old format where you could easily find For sale, will trade, wanted, I am done with RCU and the new format!
Old 03-25-2018, 08:56 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I guess it doesn't bother me much since I only glance at the classifieds a couple times a month. The forum itself seems fine and you can change the style for a different look. The only thing I use RCU for is the jet forum. RCG I use for the radio forum and jets but the jet forum isn't as busy. FB is useless for me other than keeping up with family.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:45 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

For years now I have been wanting to setup and forum just for jets and build threads. Weird thing is all of the web designers never responded after I told them what I was looking to do? Not sure if its just something too hard or what. RCU has lost a lot of the people who really have great knowledge and others have left just because of the drama, and I personally find if very difficult to do a build thread because its just so hard to upload and manage it.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:09 AM
uLTRASPORT1000
My Feedback: (8)

I am at a loss for how this new upgrade is anything other than a downgrade.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:39 PM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
who in there right mind thought this was an improvement?????

This format sucks need to be able to filter search for turbines engines and Jet aircraft, do not shut down the original....

I can see why many have given up on RCU!
If your trying to kill RCU for good, then you are succeeding...
I agree - these changes just are horrendous.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:01 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
For years now I have been wanting to setup and forum just for jets and build threads. Weird thing is all of the web designers never responded after I told them what I was looking to do? Not sure if its just something too hard or what. RCU has lost a lot of the people who really have great knowledge and others have left just because of the drama, and I personally find if very difficult to do a build thread because its just so hard to upload and manage it.
Build threads are the easiest thing to do on RCG. Post it in a regular category or start a blog. Blogs are very popular on RCG because you can delete any unwanted post. Takes about 2 min or less to upload photos and write a detailed report. You can also write info at the bottom of each picture and the photos come with a view counter so you can gauge interest.
Check mine out.. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...powered-WETJET

Again.. I am in no way affiliated with RCG. I just love it cause it works!!

Last edited by Vettster; 03-25-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:26 PM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by IBobi
Go to the Marketplace

Marketplace - RCU Forums

Then you can use the search bar, or you can click the Product Type, and that opens a filter window with all the choices.

Do you have any specific questions or concerns? What do you find confusing?

"My categories" was a brilliant feature on the prior marketplace.
I supported RCU for years, was a moderator, wrote multiple how to articles, but with these changes, specifically the new marketplace and the lack of being able to just go to last read post I'm out so long RCU, it was fun while it lasted.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:48 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, we are listening. Look for an announcement soon.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:10 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Total cluster f---- Was able to list an item but now that it is sold there is no way to mark it sold Clicking on the listing tools has a "mark sold" box -But it just sits there and does not do anything RCG here I come
Old 03-31-2018, 07:21 PM
invertmast

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Anyone tried browsing through Just a particular section (like “engines and motors”), when you click to go to the next page, it takes you out of Just that category and makes you go through the entire thing all over again.

Soo.. doesnt work, limited categories, no sub categories, no feedback or invoicing options.

New system sucks. RCG’s classifieds arent the nicest, but are far better than the new ones here.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:14 AM
igoren

it looks to me this is the end of rcu if drastic changes will not come soon.sorry ,you will see.it is totally disaster from all angles you get into this site.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:18 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GSR
Total cluster f---- Was able to list an item but now that it is sold there is no way to mark it sold Clicking on the listing tools has a "mark sold" box -But it just sits there and does not do anything
Fixing this today, thank you.

Originally Posted by invertmast
Anyone tried browsing through Just a particular section (like “engines and motors”), when you click to go to the next page, it takes you out of Just that category and makes you go through the entire thing all over again.

Soo.. doesnt work, limited categories, no sub categories, no feedback
We are already working on this, please see last week's announcement.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:35 PM
LGM Graphix

With all the features and tools the marketplace had before I can't imagine you being able to "fix" this disaster. I'll keep my fingers crossed but as of so far I can't find a single thing "better" about the new market place
Old 04-03-2018, 06:06 AM
jetmaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What ever happened to the "KISS" theory and what ever happened to " if it ain't broke don't fix it "
Why ever did you make such a mess out of the classifieds ?
Old 04-04-2018, 06:26 AM
LGM Graphix

Announcement says trader feedback has been restored. I don't see it anywhere on mobile. Not only that, I tried searching using the filter "jet" today and if you look at an ad, when you click the back button it doesn't take you back to your filtered results, it takes you back to the main category. The new marketplace is awful the fact that it was changed to this crap from the old one just tells me that whatever egghead is running the show here really has no concept of a buy and sell page, this hobby, or what is actually important to the members. This has gotten old already. Sorry rcu, you used to be the best rc forum and marketplace but with these changes there are far better options.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:19 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Fixing this today, thank you.

We are already working on this, please see last week's announcement.
Ok, I've got one, why are the classifieds now being treated like a forum where I see items based on the date of the last post, not the listing date? I just looked at an ad that was at the bottom of the first page that was originally posted on 3/24. Why can't I look at the latest ads without having to sort though pages of stuff posted days or weeks ago, just because someone replied to the ad? Why can't the post date appear in the thumbnail? Post Date would be much more helpful than last post. At least tehn I could scan the page without going into each.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.