Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:55 AM
LS171Malibu
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Is there a list of short kits offered, maybe along with"soon to be offered" as well? This is a very exciting and interesting thread! Thank you for your hard work!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:55 PM
frequent flyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Making Molds of Classic Pattern Plane Fuselages & Parts to Keep them Alive for all of us to Enjoy!

Blake

You can email me [email protected] and I will send you a list.

Don
Old 09-22-2011, 06:12 AM
LS171Malibu
My Feedback: (16)

That was one heck of a list! Any eta on the Curare or Tipo 720?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:51 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Blake,

Those T720's are very cool! Something else to consider aside from the Curare. Although they aren't a Hanno original, I actually prefer their design.

Don does some fine work, you won't be disappointed!

David.

P.S. Don, I'll drop you an email soon with some info/queries re the Illusion. A pan should be heading your way in the near future.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:09 AM
frequent flyer

The Tipo"s should be ready in the next couple of weeks. The Curare may be a month away, I am anticipating receiving it from Cyprus but so far it has not come.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:21 AM
doxilia

Don,

do you layup fuses in sequence after producing the molds or do you set them aside for a while? What's your time frame plan for the Deception siblings?

I'd be interested in your latest list of available models as well as what is ready to ship. Still throwing around some winter build ideas... I'll PM you my email address in case you need it.

Thanks, David.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:34 AM
frequent flyer

Hi David

I build the orders as they are paid usually. I do cut cores in batches when I am doing a certain model. I also have made the belly pans and cowls etc keep the stock levels up when I can get ahead. I have tried to build extra Fuselages to keep an inventory, but it seems as soon as I build them they are shipped in an order.

Yes, give me an email address and I can send you a list. I looked and don't have it.

Don
Old 09-23-2011, 02:00 AM
gkaraolides

Hi Don,

ORIGINAL: frequent flyer
The Curare may be a month away, I am anticipating receiving it from Cyprus but so far it has not come.
I just sent you a PM about the Curare. It will be off to you as soon as possible, possibly today or tomorrow morning, I just need one more piece of information from you before I send it, see my PM.

Best regards,

George
Old 10-02-2011, 08:53 AM
frequent flyer

ILLUSION 60

This is the follow up where I left off a few posts back with the Illusion mold process. Shown here is the mold as the first half has been laid up and the it has been removed from the parting board. It has been cleaned waxed and sprayed with PVA. The second picture is the mold starting the second half with the spraying of the Tooling gel coat.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86185.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1668898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92234.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1668899  
Old 10-02-2011, 09:05 AM
frequent flyer

DIRTY BRIDI 60

I found that I never posted these shots of the Dirty Bridi 60 fiberglass fuselage so here they are.

Name:	Qo41347.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	1668914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77883.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	1668915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz67318.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1668916  
Old 10-02-2011, 09:09 AM
doxilia

That's cool Don.

If you get a chance, it'd be interesting to see the DB and UFO fuses side by side for comparison. Length, fin shape, height, etc.

David.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 AM
jquid

Hi Don,

Got the fuse back, all good thanks!

Did you ever get in the belly pan with pipe channel? and can you PM me with a price please?

Thanks again, good to see my Illusion might make a comeback!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:22 PM
frequent flyer

ORIGINAL: hrrcflyer

Holy Cow, Don

Looks like I better get off my hind parts and get my belly pan to you. Seriously though, I've been up to my eyeballs in alligators for the last few weeks and I haven't had the time. The good news is that things should be almost back to normal by the end of this week. I will pu it in the mail to you Friday afternoon.

Sorry for the delay.
David

David

Were you able to get the tunnel pan sent out?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:25 PM
frequent flyer

ORIGINAL: jquid

Hi Don,

Got the fuse back, all good thanks!

Did you ever get in the belly pan with pipe channel? and can you PM me with a price please?

Thanks again, good to see my Illusion might make a comeback!
Jeff
Good to hear that you got it back in good condition.

I have not received the tunnel pan yet but I should have it soon.

Don
Old 10-03-2011, 12:30 PM
frequent flyer

ORIGINAL: bem

Hi frequent flyer,

You are really a busy bee with the glass work etc - I'm very impressed.
Do You have any mould for Jim Kirkland's Nutcracker? I know someone made great glass fuselages (and foam wing+stab) just a few years ago.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7689281
If not I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to have such plane duplicated at Your place so that plane is available to more pattern plane fans in the future.
I would buy one copy of You immediately for sure.

/Bo

Bo

Thanks for the kind words. I'm doing all that I can afford to do to revive the Classics that a lot of us want to fly once again. I don't have the NUTCRACKER, but if someone does and sends it to me I will certainly let you know.

Don
Old 10-03-2011, 12:32 PM
frequent flyer

ORIGINAL: doxilia

That's cool Don.

If you get a chance, it'd be interesting to see the DB and UFO fuses side by side for comparison. Length, fin shape, height, etc.

David.

Will do as soon as the paint dries on my UFO.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Don, how many fuses have you produced for us classic pattern fans? Thanks.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 PM
frequent flyer

ORIGINAL: dhal22

Don, how many fuses have you produced for us classic pattern fans? Thanks.

Boy, that's a good one, I haven't really been counting them. I would have to guess over fifty at least. It seems like that is almost all I do every day.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:35 PM
dhal22

Don, I'm sure I will order several over the years.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
frequent flyer

Did your Atlanta come?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:19 PM
dhal22

Haven't seen it. Checked this afternoon but nothing seen. Everyone should look into Forward Air. I built a 6' x 3' x 2', 120 lb plywood box and flew it with 2 planes inside to Chicago for $128. Of course you have to a Forward Air office in the area but I dropped off the large box and was gone in twenty minutes.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 PM
frequent flyer

ORIGINAL: doxilia

That's cool Don.

David.

Hi David

I took some comparison pictures of the UFO & DIRTY BRIDI for you.

Name:	Om32598.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	1670092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84406.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	1670093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67528.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	1670094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82333.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1670095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48228.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1670096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rc40395.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1670097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gw29319.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	1670098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fh79267.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1670099  

Old 10-04-2011, 09:00 PM
doxilia

Don,

very interesting and much appreciated. I see that you've got your UFO in primer in the background? How's the P8 coming along? Need to see pics of that one in its final colors!

Are the stab "fillets" molded in to the fuses for a plug-in stab?

David.

P.S. Just got David's email saying he's forwarding the Illusion pipe recess belly pan.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:58 PM
hrrcflyer

Don,

My belly pan should be on it's way to you..........

I'm on vacation until Monday, but I left it in our front office yesterday with the UPS label firmly affixed to it. The secretary promised me that she would make sure it gets out today.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:25 PM
mobileraptor
My Feedback: (1)

I may have another candidate for you. I picked this up a few years back on e-bay. I always wanted to build the fuse does have some flaws that need to be worked out.

The plane is an F-1 Tomcat by Skyglass. I have the fuselage, belly pan , wing cores, stab cores, landing gear blocks and plans.

I consider this very close to a mid-wing plane without having wing tubes. It does have a per-installed front bulkhead and engine mount for a side mount motor.

Here are some pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.